Focus of the Day: God's Provision

  • Focus of the Day: God's Provision

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12

Psalm 30:5“For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.” (NKJV)


It is a comfort to know that if we are in Christ, joy will come in the morning.  That morning could be a literal morning.  It could be when a period of mourning comes to an end, and we focus on the good memories we had.  It could be after days or weeks, or even years, of hard and trying times.  That morning could even be when we join our Heavenly Father in Paradise.  Psalm 16:11 says “You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”  When I am going through hard times, it the hope of that joy set before me that keeps me going.  I know that the Lord will bring joy in the morning—even joy in the midst of suffering.  And one day I will enter His presence and my joy will be complete in Him.  Will yours?
Thank you, Father, that though weeping may last for the night, Your joy comes with the morning!  Thank you that in your presence is fullness of joy.  May we be found in You, Lord, and on that day our joy be made complete!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment