Focus of the Day: God's Provision

  • Focus of the Day: God's Provision

Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6

Deuteronomy 3:24
O Sovereign LORD, I am your servant. You have only begun to show me your greatness and power. Is there any god in heaven or on earth who can perform such great deeds as yours? (NLT)


One of the most important things in life to remember, from my simple perspective, is the Sovereignty of God.  I think that is also one my favorite attributes of Him too.  God is Sovereign.  Even when things seem chaotic.  Even when there is no money in the bank.  Even when there is no food in the fridge.  God is Sovereign.  Even when there is an overflow of abundance.  Even when it seems He is raining down blessings from above.  Even when everything is so perfectly lovely and organized.  God is Sovereign.  No. Matter. What. 
We make the choice to believe this in how we live each day.  Do we thank Him for His provision?  Or do we pat ourselves on the back?  Even when the provision seems so small, He has still provided.  Ask yourself--do I lack anything I need?  The answer is "no" more likely than not.
When the future seems uncertain and I begin to worry, I just have to remind myself--God knows.  And I would rather place my future in His hands than anywhere else-especially my own.   He has only begun to show us His greatness and power!

No comments:

Post a Comment