Focus of the Day: God's Provision

  • Focus of the Day: God's Provision

Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2

Revelation 21:23
The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it.  The Lamb is its light. (NKJV)



Lately God has been teaching me to keep my eyes on the prize: the joy set before me in eternity spent in His presence.  All things in this world are temporal.  There is no gift that is eternal, only eternal life!  What a joy to know that in Christ alone we have eternal life!  This world is not our home!  Death is not the end! 
If we are in Christ then one day we will behold the Lamb.  We will dwell in the city that has no need for sun or moon.  We will behold the glory of God!  We will bask in the glow of the light of the Lamb!  I pray that as Christians we do keep our eyes focused on the only thing, the only One that matters.  I pray we live differently.  I pray that our life will live out the verse in Psalm 73:25: Whom have I in heaven but You?  I desire You more than anything on earth! (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment