Focus of the Day: God's Provision

  • Focus of the Day: God's Provision

Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24

Acts 3:19
“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord. . .” (NKJV)


The Lord has truly refreshed me.
I havn’t had close fellowship with God lately.  I wasn’t listening well and was being prideful and stubborn, doing things my own way.  (Hence the lack of posts the last few days.)  Thankfully, God humbled me today and brought me out of the pit I’d dug for myself.  He is in the midst of showing me so much right now, I can’t even verbalize it all yet.  I feel like Mary, storing all these things up and treasuring them in my heart.  One major thing He’s teaching me that I can verbalize is this: God is in control.  And lately, with different things going on in life, I’ve just had to repeat to myself: God is in control.  God is in control.  Do you get it yet?  Do I get it yet?  God is in control. 
I recently read a biography on Corrie ten Boom, and something her sister said in it has stuck with me: In God’s world there are no “ifs.”  Ever since I’ve read it I’ve been in situations where I keep catching myself saying “If only . . .” or “What if . . .”  or even “I wish I’d known that because if I had . . .”  Each time God has reminded me that in His world there are no “ifs.”  He is sovereign and He made me for a purpose and none of what is happening right now is on accident.

Today was a big day of being humbled and repenting.  I praise God for that!  It has been a day of being drenched in His grace as my sins have been blotted out.  I praise God for that!  And even as hard as the day began, it has been the most refreshing in a long time.  I praise God for that!

Keep me in your presence, Lord, that this refreshing may never cease!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment